Gulfcoast Ultrasound’s Advanced Emergency Medicine and Critical Care Ultrasound course is designed to build on the knowledge base of experienced emergency ultrasound professionals. This ultrasound training course incorporates comprehensive lectures, interactive case presentations, and extensive hands-on scanning, featuring a 3:1 ratio with live models and inanimate phantoms.
- Increase the participant’s knowledge to better perform and/or interpret Emergency and Critical Care ultrasound examinations.
- Identify Sonographic Characteristics Associated With Abdominal Sepsis Involving The Hepatobiliary, Renal, And GI Systems.
- Outline indications and applications of color Doppler in the emergency and critical care setting.
- Perform ultrasound evaluation of the lung, ocular, soft-tissue, musculoskeletal, and bony cortices in the emergency department. (Optional EM track)
- Demonstrate the use of ultrasound guidance for peripheral vascular access.
- State principles of spectral and cardiac Doppler fundamentals and apply quantitative methods to evaluate acute valvular abnormalities (Optional critical care track).
- Recognize the sonographic appearance of individual nerves and list the advantages provided when ultrasound is used for performing regional nerve blocks. (Optional EM track)
- Evaluate fluid responsiveness in the critically ill patient.
- Perform testicular ultrasound and recognize acute abnormalities. (Optional EM track)
- Increase competence to incorporate protocols, scan techniques & interpretation criteria to improve diagnostic/treatment accuracy.
- Sonography in Shock & Source of Sepsis (Gallbladder, Biliary Tree, Appendix, Bowel Obstruction, Peritonitis & Abscess, Pylonephritis)
- Fluid Responsiveness in the Critically Ill
- Advanced Non-Cardiac Chest (Sinuses, Larynx, Trachea, Lung & Pleura)
- Ultrasound Guided Peripheral Vascular Access
- Advanced Critical Care Track:
- Cardiac Doppler & Focused Calculations
- Echo Assessment of Cardiomyopathies & Heart Failure
- Mitral Insufficiency & Complications
- Advanced Emergency Track:
- Sonography of the Acute Scrotum
- Advanced EM Applications (Evaluation of Soft Tissue for Abscess, Foreign Body Detection, MSK Applications, Evaluation of Bony Cortices, Ocular Emergencies)
- Nerve Blocks in the ED (Forearm, Femoral, and Ankle Blocks)