This intermediate/advanced peripheral nerve course includes basic and advanced techniques for diagnosing focal neuropathies and integrating interventional peripheral nerve techniques. Taught by leading ultrasound experts, this unique ultrasound training course incorporates comprehensive lectures, interactive case presentations, and extensive hands-on scanning, featuring a 3:1 ratio with live models and inanimate phantoms for the evaluation of upper and lower extremity peripheral nerves.
- Increase the participants’ knowledge to perform and/or interpret peripheral nerve ultrasound examinations.
- State the basic fundamentals of ultrasound physics and demonstrate appropriate optimization of system controls.
- Recognize anatomy and ultrasound characteristics of the nerves and surrounding tissue to assist with management of focal neuropathies
- Assess and diagnose focal neuropathies using high frequency ultrasound techniques
- Identify common and challenging nerves using high frequency ultrasound.
- Outline the standard approach for common and uncommon peripheral nerve blocks and interventions.
- Increase confidence to incorporate protocols, scan techniques, and interpretation criteria to improve diagnostic and treatment accuracy.
- Ultrasound Evaluation of Peripheral Nerves and Focal Neuropathies
- Ultrasound Guided Injections and Principles of Hydro-dissection
- Pathology of the Brachial Plexus and Shoulder Nerves
- Pathology of the Radial and Ulnar Nerves
- Injection Techniques for Shoulder, Radial and Ulnar Nerves
- Pathology of the Median Nerve
- Injection Techniques for the Median and Ulnar Nerves
- Pathology of the Hip Nerves
- Injection Techniques for the Hip Nerves
- Pathology of the Knee Nerves
- Pathology of the Foot and Ankle Nerves
- Challenging Cases with Discussion