Blended Introduction to Abdominal and Primary Care Ultrasound
(Online Course + Hands-On Workshop)
The Blended Introduction to Abdominal & Primary Care Ultrasound training course is taught by leading experts and covers abdominal, trauma, thyroid, scrotal, and soft-tissue applications. This unique course incorporates a comprehensive online course to cover the didactics then a one day live scanning only workshops, featuring a 3:1 ratio with live models and inanimate phantoms.
- Increase participant’s knowledge to better perform and/or interpret abdominal ultrasound examinations.
- Demonstrate proper transducer manipulation and system optimization to produce diagnostic images.
- Perform scan protocols and routine measurements that are utilized during an abdominal ultrasound evaluation.
- Identify normal/abnormal imaging characteristics of the liver, gallbladder, pancreas, spleen, kidneys and abdominal vasculature.
- Differentiate normal/abnormal characteristics for the evaluation of the thyroid, testes/scrotum, and appendix.
- Imaging Fundamentals
- Abdominal Anatomy/Scan Techniques
- Abdominal Aorta
- Liver Sonography & Pathology
- Gallbladder & Biliary Tree Sonography & Pathology
- Spleen, Pancreas, and Renal
- Scrotal / Testicular
- Evaluation of the Appendix & GI Tract
- EFAST Exam, Soft Tissue & MSK Applications
- Interactive Case Studies