About the STR - Society of Thoracic Radiology
Mission Statement for STR
The mission of the STR is to promote and foster excellence in Cardiothoracic Imaging and clinical care through research and education.
Vision Statement for STR
The STR will be the premier Cardiothoracic Imaging Society in the world by promoting the excellence and expertise of its members and by supporting and encouraging research in Cardiothoracic Imaging.
- To represent Thoracic Radiology's interests at national and international levels.
- To develop and support standards for the teaching and practice of Thoracic Radiology.
- To foster research in all aspects of Thoracic Radiology.
- To promote fellowship and exchange of ideas among Thoracic Radiologists.
- To provide meetings for the presentation and discussion of papers and the dissemination of knowledge in Thoracic Radiology.
- To promote closer cooperation between Thoracic Radiology and other branches of medicine and the allied sciences.
- To establish a channel for publication of scientific reports and educational articles in Thoracic Radiology.
Mission Statement for STR CME Program
The CME mission of the Society of Thoracic Radiology is to provide radiologists and allied health professional, via its annual postgraduate course, educational opportunities in cardiothoracic imaging. The postgraduate course is comprised of specific symposia, small-group workshops, and special focused lectures from related disciplines. The goal of these activities is ultimately to help health care professional optimize their use and interpretation of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging procedures to improve the health of patients with cardiac and thoracic disease. The society uses a detailed speaker evaluation form to assess the impact of the post graduate course on physician practice, and uses the feedback to reinforce specific strengths and address deficiencies in the program.
This group does not have any discussions yet.