Time: February 20, 2011 to February 25, 2011
Location: Snowmass Conference Center
Street: Snowmass Conference Center
City/Town: Snowmass Village, Colorado
Website or Map: http://www.edusymp.com/meetin…
Event Type: annual, meeting
Organized By: Educational Symposia (ESI)
Latest Activity: Nov 22, 2010
Snowmass 2011: Musculoskeletal / Orthopedic MRI
2/20/2011 - 2/25/2011
Snowmass Conference Center
Snowmass Village, Colorado
ABOUT THE MEETING
This symposium is structured to provide a review of musculoskeletal MRI. During the course, a balance of traditional clinical topics and state of the art techniques and applications will be presented. Insight to the combined clinical and diagnostic benefits of musculoskeletal MRI is also included. The focus of this symposium is to improve diagnostic capabilities and expand clinical applications. Faculty have been selected for their teaching ability, as well as for their expertise.
This CME activity is primarily intended and designed to educate diagnostic imaging physicians who supervise and interpret musculoskeletal MRI studies. Referring physicians, neurosurgeons, and orthopedic surgeons who order these studies and wish to gain a greater appreciation of the strengths and limitations of musculoskeletal MRI should also find this course beneficial. It should also be valuable for MR technologists.
Attendees should, at the completion of this course, be able to:
• Implement appropriate imaging protocols for the evaluation of joint and spine disorders
• Assess patients with joint pathology in a non-invasive manner utilizing MRI
• Apply MR imaging techniques for the assessment and management of various sports related injuries
• Differentiate the MR appearance of musculoskeletal pathology from other causes of abnormal signal
• Evaluate musculoskeletal neoplasms and pathology using state of the art MR imaging techniques and applications
• Compare and contrast surgical and radiological findings of musculoskeletal pathology and trauma
• Discuss the clinical application of image guided musculoskeletal biopsy procedures
No special educational preparation is required for this CME activity
Physicians: Educational Symposia is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to sponsor continuing medical education for physicians.
Educational Symposia designates this educational activity for a maximum of 18 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Technologists: This program has been submitted to the ASRT. The number of A CE credits will be available approximately 30 days prior to the meeting. Please visit www.edusymp.com or call 1-800-338-5901 regarding the availability of Category A CE credit.