Time: June 27, 2011 to June 29, 2011
Location: ACR Education Center
Street: 1892 Preston White Drive
City/Town: Reston, VA 20191
Website or Map: http://www.acr.org/EducationC…
Event Type: course
Organized By: American College of Radiology (ACR)
Latest Activity: Jun 19, 2011
ACR-Dartmouth PET/CT Course
PET/CT has become the standard-of-care imaging modality in cancer management and has garnered an evolving role in diagnosing neurodegenerative and cardiovascular diseases. This 150-case, three-day preceptorship is designed to provide practicing radiologists and nuclear medicine physicians with an intensive, hands-on experience in reading PET/CT.
Attendees will interpret more than 150 PET/CT scans in a front-line fashion covering all clinical applications, including those in oncology, neurology, and cardiology. Each multiple-scan interpretation session concludes with a detailed review of the key findings. This session also provides learners with a higher level of expertise and confidence in interpreting PET/CT.
If you have already completed some formal course work on PET and/or PET/CT but only have limited experience reading scans in daily clinical practice, this course is for you.
Schedule & Registration
Member Fee*: $3,500.00
June 27-29, 2011 (Mon – Wed)
Marc Seltzer, M.D.
Director, PET/CT Program,
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center,
Associate Professor of Radiology,
Dartmouth Medical School,
At the conclusion of this conference, participants will be able to:
1. Understand the clinical applications of PET/CT
2. Describe the basic principles of acquiring and interpreting PET/CT
3. Recognize normal variants, incidental findings, and pitfalls on PET/CT
4. Use PET/CT for monitoring therapy and for radiation therapy planning
Attendees who interpret a minimum of 150 PET/CT scans will be awarded a Certificate of Proficiency stating they meet the case requirement as specified in the ACR Practice Guideline for the performance of positron emission tomography (PET) and computed tomography (CT) in adults.
Required Course Materials
In order to ensure you have a great experience, we have pulled together material for the PET/CT Course to make sure you are adequately prepared to complete the requirements of this course.
* Members-in-Training fee is 50% off member rate. Attendees who register 3 months in advance will receive a $250 discount (Member-In-Training: $125 discount). Late registrations received within two weeks of the course will be charged an additional $500 (Member-In-Training: additional $250).