Time: March 18, 2011 to March 20, 2011
Location: ACR Education Center
Street: 1892 Preston White Drive
City/Town: Reston, VA 20191
Website or Map: http://www.acr.org/EducationC…
Event Type: course
Organized By: American College of Radiology (ACR)
Latest Activity: Nov 22, 2010
ACR-SPR Pediatric Cardiac MR
Schedule & Registration
Member Fee*: $4,000.00
March 18-20, 2011 (Fri – Sun)
This two-and-a-half-day course is designed to optimize clinical practice skills by providing intense training in interpreting pediatric cardiac MR examinations under the supervision of expert faculty. Participants use workstations with the same vendor software as in their own practice and have access to over 100 congenital and pediatric cardiovascular MR cases. Pre- and post-operative cases will be available for review. Post-processing techniques will be emphasized. The course also covers technical considerations for obtaining optimal examinations for interpretation. Preparation material for this course can be found here. (registration required)
Cynthia Rigsby, M.D.
Children’s Memorial Hospital,
Associate Professor of Radiology,
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Laureen Sena, M.D.
Boston Children’s Hospital,
Instructor in Radiology,
Harvard Medical School
Improve understanding of:
1. Normal cardiovascular anatomy and normal anatomic variants.
2. The spectrum of pediatric congenital and acquired cardiovascular disease, and natural history of the most common conditions.
3. The therapeutic options and operative techniques in each condition, as well as the complications that can arise following treatment.
4. Imaging manifestations of pediatric cardiovascular disease, and the complementary role of MRI to echocardiography, CT and cardiac catheterization in therapeutic decision-making in the pre-operative and post-operative period.
5. The technical basis of pediatric cardiovascular MRI, including hardware requirements, sequence selection and optimization, and technical limitations.
6. Post-processing techniques for functional, flow and angiographic evaluation.
7. Provide a forum for sharing knowledge of ongoing technical and clinical developments in the field of MRI of congenital and pediatric cardiovascular disease.
Attendees who interpret a minimum of 50 pediatric cardiovascular MR scans will be awarded a Certificate of Proficiency stating they meet the case requirement as specified in the ACR Practice Guideline for Performance and Interpretation of Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI).
Required Course Materials
In order to ensure you have a great experience, we have pulled together material for the Pediatric Cardiovascular MR course to make sure you are adequately prepared to complete the requirements of this course.
* Members-in-Training fee is 50% off member rate. Attendees who register 3 months in advance will receive a $250 discount (Member-In-Training: $125 discount). Late registrations received within two weeks of the course will be charged an additional $500 (Member-In-Training: additional $250).