The Blended Introduction to Peripheral Vascular Ultrasound Course is the first step in obtaining a strong foundation to begin performing and/or interpreting upper & lower extremity peripheral arterial and venous ultrasound examinations. This blended course provides 8 months instant access to course lectures in an online course format and a 2 half day live hands on scanning workshop at our facility. The live workshop features a 3:1 scan ratio with live models and knowledgeable hands on instructors.
- Increase the participants’ knowledge to better perform and/or interpret upper and lower Peripheral Vascular ultrasound examinations.
- Apply knowledge of the anatomy/physiology of the upper & lower extremity venous and arterial systems into the venous & arterial duplex and physiologic testing examinations.
- Perform routine scan protocols, and document Doppler waveforms for lower extremity arterial and venous evaluations of the upper and lower extremity.
- Demonstrate vein mapping techniques to identify suitability as a potential arterial bypass graft.
- Perform routine scan protocols and document Doppler waveforms for venous evaluation of the lower extremities, including pre and post vein ablation evaluation.
- Perform evaluation for venous insufficiency and patency of perforators for vein therapy treatment.
- Venous Anatomy, Scan Techniques & Normal Characteristics
- Duplex / Color Evaluation of LE, UE DVT
- Evaluation of Venous Insufficiency
- Duplex / Color Evaluation for Venous Ablation Procedures
- Types of Vein Ablation Procedures
- Pre-Procedure Mapping
- Post-procedure Mapping
- LE Arterial Anatomy & Physiology
- Clinical Exam & Indirect Testing
- Direct Testing & Duplex Scanning
- Live Demo: Arterial Duplex of Lower Arterial Disease