Time: April 15, 2011 to April 17, 2011
Location: ACR Education Center
Street: 1892 Preston White Drive
City/Town: Reston, VA 20191
Website or Map: http://www.acr.org/EducationC…
Event Type: course
Organized By: American College of Radiology (ACR)
Latest Activity: Nov 23, 2010
Body and Pelvic MR
This is a three-day intensive practical course on abdominal MR image interpretation that will be focused on the most common current indications for abdominal MR – imaging of the liver, pancreas and the kidneys. It is aimed to help a range of radiologists, from the general radiology practitioner to the moderately advanced MRI expert. This course is designed as an extension to the didactic lecture-based annual ACR Body MRI course. In contrast to passive lectures, each attendee will be provided their own FUJI PACS environment workstation from which actual patient abdominal MRI studies will be viewed. A formalized reporting structure will be used for the attendee to analyze their viewing of the findings. Additionally these findings can be reviewed and discussed with the teaching faculty. Preparation material for this course can be found here. (registration required)
Schedule & Registration
Apr. 15-17, 2011 (Fri – Sun)
Member Fee*: $3,500.00
Diego Martin, M.D., Ph.D.
Director of MRI and the Clinically Applied Research Body MRI Program,
At the conclusion of this conference, participants will be able to:
1. Read at least 100 patient cases on a PACS workstation
2. Develop expertise in the methods for acquiring a comprehensive examination within a 20 minute scan time
3. Understand the rationale for the acquisition methods: which acquisition shows specific aspects of particular pathologies
4. Develop expertise in the diagnostic evaluation of a range of liver tumors and diffuse liver disease, gall bladder and dis-eases of the bile ducts, pancreatic malignancies and diffuse pancreatic disease, and renal malignancies, and abdominal vascular, retroperitoneal and peritoneal disease
Attendees who complete a minimum of 100 cases will be awarded a Certificate of Proficiency stating they meet the Maintenance of Competence case requirement as specified in the ACR Practice Guidelines for the Performance of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) for the abdomen and liver.
* Members-in-Training fee is 50% off member rate. Attendees who register 3 months in advance will receive a $250 discount (Member-In-Training: $125 discount). Late registrations received within two weeks of the course will be charged an additional $500 (Member-In-Training: additional $250).
** Offer does not apply to Members-in-Training. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Cannot be applied to any existing registration.