Time: May 9, 2011 to May 10, 2011
Location: ACR Education Center
Street: 1892 Preston White Drive
City/Town: Reston, VA 20191
Website or Map: http://www.acr.org/EducationC…
Event Type: course
Organized By: American College of Radiology (ACR)
Latest Activity: Nov 23, 2010
Breast MR with Guided Biopsy
This 100-case, two-day course, led by Constance Lehman, M.D. Ph.D., Professor and Vice Chair of Radiology at the University of Washington and Director of Breast Imaging, is designed to provide practicing radiologists with an intensive, hands-on experience in reading breast MRI. Throughout the 2-day program participants will develop their interpretive skills through extensive case reviews at individual work stations. In addition, hands-on MRI guided biopsy workshops will provide training in accurate and safe MRI guided biopsy techniques.
Schedule & Registration
Member Fee*: $3,000.00
May 9-10, 2011 (Mon – Tues)
Constance Lehman, M.D., Ph.D.
Professor and Vice Chair of Radiology,
Section Head of Breast Imaging,
University of Washington Director of Radiology,
Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
At the conclusion of this conference, participants will be able to:
1. Assess the clinical role of breast MRI in patient selection and in improved detection, diagnosis and treatment of breast disease
2. Learn imaging protocols and techniques to produce high quality breast MR images in keeping with current recom-mended standards
3. Accurately and efficiently interpret and report on breast MR exams in accordance with the ACR BI-RADS MRI module
4. Use breast MRI guided biopsy tools effectively and safely
Attendees who complete a minimum of 100 cases will be awarded a Certificate of Proficiency stating they meet the Maintenance of Competence case requirement as specified in the ACR Practice Guideline for the Performance of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) of the Breast.
* Members-in-Training fee is 50% off member rate. Attendees who register 3 months in advance will receive a $250 discount (Member-In-Training: $125 discount). Late registrations received within two weeks of the course will be charged an additional $500 (Member-In-Training: additional $250).