Time: November 20, 2011 to November 21, 2011
Location: Four Seasons Hotel
Street: Four Seasons Hotel
City/Town: Chicago, Illinois
Website or Map: http://www.proscan.com/fw/mai…
Event Type: workshop
Organized By: ProScan Imaging Education Foundation
Latest Activity: Nov 25, 2010
21st Annual International MRI Workshop
Breast MRI: Science, Technique and Interpretation,
Including Clinical Correlation and Recent Developments
November 20-21, 2011
Four Seasons Hotel
46 AMA PRA (Physician Recognition Award) Category 1 Credits™
BREAST MRI MODULE: 16 CME
Breast MRI merges the two-dimensional morphologic assessment of mammography with the soft-tissue signal characterization of MRI, adding the distinct advantage of angiogenesis evaluation. Learning the MRI appearance of different histologies and differentiating them from benign causes of tissue enhancement is a nuanced task.
This course incorporates a detailed synopsis of breast MRI science, technique, and interpretation based on more than 20,000 cases of experience. It also explains its place within the milieu of total breast imaging and care. Numerous “live” case discussions are included to supplement the course lectures.
ADVANCED ORTHOPAEDIC AND JOINT MRI MODULE : 30 CME
This advanced course provides practical approaches and state-of-the-art updates to interpreting wrist, hand, ankle, foot, toe, elbow, shoulder, hip, and knee joint MRI exams. The program includes anatomy and mechanisms of injury, and such representative topics as the throwing athlete, synovial diseases, detailed shoulder and hip labral interpretation, and hip femoroactabular impingement. Talks are supplemented by live case reading sessions.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Participants who complete this activity should be able to:
• Breast MRI Module
• Improve their interpretation of breast MRI, allowing for practice improvement and better patient care.
• Gain a better understanding of the screening and diagnostic modalities' strengths and weaknesses.
• Come away with greater knowledge of the applications, reimbursement, and outcomes of breast MRI.
• Advanced Orthopaedic and Joint MRI Module
• Identify normal anatomy and variations, as well as pathology of the musculoskeletal system.
• Recognize indications and applications of magnetic resonance imaging and other advanced imaging modalities for bone and soft tissues .
• Discuss a multidisciplinary approach to patient management, allowing for practice improvement and better patient care.
ProScan Imaging Education Foundation is Accredited with Commendation by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essentials and Standards of ACCME.
ProScan Imaging Education Foundation designates this educational activity for a maximum of 46 AMA PRA (Physician Recognized Award) Category 1 Credits.™ Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
Stephen J. Pomeranz, M.D.
HOW TO REGISTER
NOTE: Our courses often fill up quickly, so we strongly recommend you DO NOT make travel reservations until you have received a registration confirmation from us.
Phone Call 513-924-5365
1-866-MRI-EDUC (1-866-674-3382) (toll-free in the U.S.)
Someone will be available to take your call between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm EST
Mail ProScan Imaging Education Foundation
5400 Kennedy Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45213