Time: January 10, 2011 to January 11, 2011
Location: ACR Education Center
Street: 1892 Preston White Drive
City/Town: Reston, VA, United States
Website or Map: http://www.acr.org/EducationC…
Event Type: course
Organized By: American College of Radiology (ACR)
Latest Activity: Nov 20, 2010
CT Colonography (CTC) is an evolving technique with considerable potential for widespread screening of colo rectal cancer. Application of appropriate techniques and knowledge of correct interpretation skills are vital to successfully implementing this technique. This two-day course’s goal is to educate attendees in the technique, performance, and interpretation of CTC through the supervised review of a minimum of 50 sample cases. The course will also provide a forum for discussing research initiatives, regulatory issues, and the reimbursement environment. Preparation material for this course can be found here. (registration required)
Schedule & Registration
Member Fee*: $3,000.00
Jan. 10-11, 2011 (Mon – Tue)
Matthew A. Barish, M.D.
Director, International Symposia on Virtual Colonoscopy,
Stony Brook University
At the conclusion of this conference, participants will be able to:
1. Recognize the techniques necessary to acquire diagnostic CTC images, including patient preparation, scanning parameters, and display/navigational methods
2. Review interpretation methods and how to avoid pitfalls
3. Discuss current research initiatives, regulatory issues, and reimbursement environment
4. Acquire the proficiency necessary to interpret and report CTC studies through supervised review of a minimum of 50 cases
Attendees who complete a minimum of 50 cases will be awarded a Certificate of Proficiency stating they meet the case requirement as specified in the ACR Practice Guideline for the Performance of Computed Tomography Colonography in Adults.
Required Course Materials
In order to ensure you have a great experience, we have pulled together material for the CTC course to make sure you are adequately prepared to complete the requirements of this course.
* Members-in-Training fee is 50% off member rate. Attendees who register 3 months in advance will receive a $250 discount (Member-In-Training: $125 discount). Late registrations received within two weeks of the course will be charged an additional $500 (Member-In-Training: additional $250).