- The Joint Commission HRS Standard HR.01.05.03
- Who are ancillary personnel that must be trained?
- Image Gently and Image Wisely campaigns
- Necessity of Training
- General Operational Principles of Fluoroscopy
- Perceptions and Misconceptions By Non-Radiologic Personnel About Shielding
- What is Dose?: Defining Effective Dose, Absorbed Dose, Air Kerma
- Dose Thresholds and Deterministic Risks to Skin
- Sentinel Events
- Protection and Monitoring
- Effects of Moving the Table and Image Receptor
- Changing Pulse, Frame Refresher and Other Image Factors
- Strategies for High CAK procedures
- Procedure Alert Levels/Notification Levels
At the conclusion of this course, the participants should be able to:
- Give examples of who at your facility would be considered ancillary personnel
- Understand how to discuss dose with your patient
- Define Cumulative Air Kerma?
- Describe what constitutes a Sentinel Event
- Discuss the effect of having the table too close to the X-ray source.
- Give an example of when to define Procedure Alert Levels