Cruising with the Masters: From Pyramids to Mammos: A Breast Imaging Holy Land Adventure
October 17 - 28
This course provides a balanced overview of the basics of more traditional breast imaging, blended with the newest state-of-the-art breast imaging techniques and modalities. Special attention will be given to Breast MRI and important topical issues such as radiation risk and the USPSTF Guidelines for Screening Mammography, as well as newly evolving technologies such as Tomosynthesis, Phase Contrast Mammography, Whole Breast Ultrasound, and Molecular Imaging.
1. Review the basic principles and applications of screening mammography, especially in the context of the USPSTF Guidelines.
2. Review the important findings in diagnostic mammography, including analysis of masses and calcifications.
3. Outline the current applications of breast Ultrasound in diagnostic, screening, and interventional settings.
4. Describe the major aspects of breast MR imaging techniques, biopsy techniques, and current indications.
5. Understand the doses and potential radiation risks of current breast imaging modalities.
6. Delineate current PACS issues with Full Field Digital Mammography.
7. Appreciate the evolving role of Tomosynthesis, Phase Contrast Mammography, Whole Breast Ultrasound, Molecular Imaging and other new technologies.
The International Institute for Continuing Medical Education, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The International Institute for Continuing Medical Education, Inc., designates this live activity for a maximum of 16.0 AMA PRA Category 1 credits TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of of their participation in the activity.
Within the 16.0 hours there are
Full Field Digital Mammography - 5.0 hours
Breast MRI - 5.0 hours
Breast ultrasound - 3.0 hours
Stereotactic biopsy - 1.0 hour
Michael N. Linver, MD, FACR
R. Edward Hendrick, Ph.D., FACR
Jean R. Paquelet, MD, FACR
Note: In order to attend the courses you MUST book your cruise through Bob Newman at CruiseBrothers. THERE WILL BE NO WALK-UP REGISTRATIONS ACCEPTED ON THE SHIP.
• For physicians, the fee for Cruising with the Masters: From Pyramids to Mammos: A Breast Imaging Holy Land Adventure (October 17 - October 28, 2011) is: $850
• For Residents, Fellows, Retired or Military Physicians, the fee is: $750
• For Technologists, Nurses, or Allied Health, the fee is: $650
Registration for the course will occur onboard the ship on Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 8:30 am
All registrants will receive a registration confirmation notice from The International Institute for Continuing Medical Education, Inc. via regular mail approximately two weeks after their registration is received. Sorry, confirmation cannot be made by fax.
REFUNDS: Full refunds, less a $75 service charge, will be made to those presenting IICME, Inc. with written notification of cancellation by September 17, 2011. After that date, no refunds will be given.