The Introduction to Carotid Duplex/Color Flow Imaging Course is the first step in obtaining a strong foundation in order to begin performing and/or interpreting Carotid Ultrasound Examinations. This course is taught by leading vascular ultrasound experts and includes lectures, interactive case presentations, and extensive hands-on scanning, featuring a 3:1 ratio with live models and knowledgeable hands on instructors.
- Increase the participant’s knowledge to better perform and/or interpret Carotid Duplex/Color Flow Imaging ultrasound examinations.
- Apply knowledge of the anatomy/physiology of the cerebrovascular system into the Carotid Duplex examination.
- Cite Doppler/color physics principles and be able to (sonographers) apply these principles to optimize system controls or (physicians) utilize this information for identifying technical errors which may result in misdiagnosis.
- Perform routine scan protocols and Doppler calculations in a complete carotid duplex/color examination.
- Differentiate normal/abnormal spectral Doppler/color characteristics.
- List methods for obtaining quantitative information and state the diagnostic relevance of each measurement.
- Characterize plaque morphology and other pathology associated with cerebral vascular disease.
- Perform Intima-Media Thickness measurements and state the clinical significance as a screening method for cardiovascular disease.
- Integrate the information to include and prepare a structured report for a carotid ultrasound examination.
- Apply diagnostic criteria for accurate interpretation of carotid duplex/color flow examinations
- Doppler & Color Fundamentals
- Carotid Anatomy & Physiology
- Normal Spectral Analysis
- Carotid Scan Protocol
- Disease Progression & Stenosis Assessment
- Carotid Imaging Pitfalls
- Interactive Case Studies
- Evaluation & Measurement of Intima-Media Thickness
- Carotid Abnormalities
- How to Structure a Report