The Introduction to Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Course is taught by leading experts in the field of MSK ultrasound. This program provides comprehensive lectures and extensive hands-on scanning with live models for upper and lower extremity applications. Learn the musculoskeletal essentials and build confidence in your scanning and interpretation abilities. An optional interventional workshop is also offered using human cadaveric specimens.
- Increase the participant's knowledge to better perform and/or interpret MSK ultrasound examinations.
- List the indications, benefits, and limitations of MSK ultrasound for sports medicine injuries, physical medicine & rehabilitation, and rheumatology applications.
- Demonstrate proper transducer manipulation and system optimization to produce diagnostic images.
- Demonstrate scanning protocols for performing shoulder, elbow, wrist/hand, knee, ankle/foot, & hip ultrasound examinations.
- Identify normal anatomy during musculoskeletal ultrasound imaging.
- Identify the sonographic appearance of commonly seen pathology of the shoulder, knee, elbow, wrist/hand, ankle, and foot.
- Demonstrate the use of MSK sonography for diagnosis and ultrasound-guided interventions and describe "in-plane" and "out of plane" injections/aspiration techniques using inanimate phantoms.
- Increase confidence to incorporate protocols, techniques and interpretation criteria to improve diagnostic/treatment accuracy.
- Shoulder Anatomy & Scanning Techniques
- Evaluation of Shoulder Pathology
- Elbow Anatomy & Scanning Techniques
- Evaluation of Elbow Pathology
- Ultrasound Guided Injection Techniques
- Wrist/Hand Anatomy & Scan Techniques
- Evaluation of Wrist/Hand Pathology
- Normal Evaluation of the Ankle/Foot & Pathology
- Knee Anatomy, Scanning Techniques, & Pathology
- Evaluation of the Hip