Introduction to OB/GYN Ultrasound
The Introduction to OB-GYN Ultrasound training course is taught by leading experts covering transabdominal and endovaginal scan techniques, as well as OB applications. This unique course incorporates comprehensive lectures, interactive case presentations, and extensive hands-on scanning, featuring a 3:1 ratio with live models.
- Increase the participants’ knowledge to better perform and/or interpret gynecology and obstetrical ultrasound examinations.
- Demonstrate proper transducer manipulation and system optimization to produc diagnostic images
- Demonstrate routine scan protocols for performing transabdominal & endovaginal GYN scanning, and 1st trimester obstetric applications.
- State the normal and abnormal imaging characteristics of the ovaries and uterus and differentiate commonly seen pathology.
- List the indications and ultrasound findings for suspicion of an ectopic pregnancy.
- Identify normal fetal anatomy and perform biophysical profile.
- Apply appropriate measurement techniques to assess fetal dates and appropriate fetal development.
- Recognize commonly seen fetal abnormalities and their corresponding ultrasound imaging characteristics.
- Increase confidence to incorporate protocols, scan techniques, and interpretation criteria to improve diagnostic/treatment accuracy.
- Imaging Fundamentals
- GYN Anatomy
- Scan Protocol (TAS & TV)
- GYN pathology / Case Studies
- First Trimester Ultrasound & Case Studies
- Fetal Survey, Biometry and BPP
- Placenta & Multiple Gestation
- Fetal Abnormalities