The Introduction to Peripheral Vascular Ultrasound Course is the first step in obtaining a strong foundation to begin performing and/or interpreting upper & lower extremity peripheral arterial and venous ultrasound examinations. This course is taught by leading vascular ultrasound experts and includes lectures, interactive case presentations, and extensive hands-on scanning, featuring a 3:1 ratio with live models and knowledgeable hands on instructors.
- Increase the participant’s knowledge to better perform and/or interpret upper and lower Peripheral Vascular ultrasound examinations.
- Apply knowledge of the anatomy/physiology of the upper and lower extremity venous and arterial systems into the venous and arterial duplex and physiologic testing examinations.
- Cite Doppler/color physics and be able to (sonographers) apply these principles to optimize system controls or (physicians) utilize this information for recognizing technical errors which may result in misdiagnosis.
- Perform routine scan protocols, and document Doppler waveforms for lower extremity arterial and venous evaluations of the upper and lower extremity.
- Differentiate normal/abnormal imaging, spectral Doppler and color characteristics for identifying arterial and venous disease.
- State the indications and applications of indirect testing methods for lower arterial disease.
- Demonstrate vein mapping techniques to identify suitability as a potential arterial bypass graft.
- Perform routine scan protocols and document Doppler waveforms for venous evaluation of the lower extremities, including pre and post vein ablation evaluation.
- State the role of ultrasound in the diagnosis and treatment of venous insufficiency.
- Perform evaluation for venous insufficiency and patency of perforators for vein therapy treatment
- Venous Anatomy, Scan Techniques & Normal Characteristics
- Duplex / Color Evaluation of LE, UE DVT
- Evaluation of Venous Insufficiency
- Duplex / Color Evaluation for Venous Ablation Procedures
- Types of Vein Ablation Procedures
- Pre-Procedure Mapping
- Post-procedure Mapping
- LE Arterial Anatomy & Physiology
- Clinical Exam & Indirect Testing
- Direct Testing & Duplex Scanning
- Live Demo: Arterial Duplex of Lower Arterial Disease