Knowledge of Breast Anatomy-Breast Art
- The Art of Positioning Craniocaudal (CC)
The Art of Positioning Medial-lateral oblique (MLO)
At the conclusion of the course, the participant should be able to:
- List the standards for positioning the routine views.
- Identify the step that will assure adequate visualization of posterior tissue on the CC view.
- Describe the adequate muscle pattern on the MLO view.
- Evaluate the images for optimal compression.
- Discuss the importance of consistent positioning.
- Evaluate the images for motion or geometric blur.
- Discuss PNL measurement and how to use it.
- Obtain adequate IMF on the MLO.