Time: April 13, 2010 to April 17, 2010
Location: Boston Park Plaza Hotel & Towers
Street: 64 Arlington Street
City/Town: Boston, MA 02116
Website or Map: http://http://www.starwoodmee…
Event Type: the, society, for, pediatric, radiology
Organized By: The Society for Pediatric Radiology
Latest Activity: Dec 22, 2009
The Society for Pediatric Radiology 53rd Annual Meeting & Postgraduate Course
Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - Saturday, April 17, 2010
The Society for Pediatric Radiology
1891 Preston White Drive
Reston, VA 20191
Boston Park Plaza Hotel & Towers
64 Arlington Street
Boston, MA 02116
To view and print the meeting brochure, click here:
The Society for Pediatric Radiology Annual Meeting and Postgraduate Course will provide pediatric and general radiologists with an opportunity to do the following:
1. Summarize current information on state-of-the-art pediatric imaging and the practice of pediatric radiology.
2. Describe new technologies for pediatric imaging such cone beam CT/ interventional procedure guidance, MR urography, Cardiac MRI, especially related to congenital heart disease, 3D and advanced workstation use and capabilities, and be able to understand and apply this knowledge and skills appropriately and successfully.
3. Review common problems facing pediatric radiologists, and possible solutions, including PACS systems, teleradiology equipment and technology, patient safety initiatives and tracking, organization of Interventional Radiology and vascular access services.
4. Evaluate and apply organizational principles and techniques of minimizing radiation exposure during diagnostic imaging of children.
5. Review the latest approaches to pediatric imaging and correlate with radiation reduction, procedure safety and clinical outcomes.
6. Describe new advances in research and imaging.
7. Review the broad scope of pediatric radiology as it relates to everyday practice.
CME HOURS: 37.75
Angio/IR, Body Imaging, Cardiac, Chest, CT, GI, GU, MRI, Musculoskeletal, Neuroradiology, Nuclear Medicine, Pediatrics, Ultrasound, Vascular