New! Case Log Provided!
For our St. Pete Beach, FL participants: Approximately 50-60 cases will be reviewed during this course. Participants will be given a log of exams read. The case load will help if preparing to take the RPVI exam. The narrative and interactive sessions will strengthen interpretation skills, assist in qualifying for credentialing/reading privileges and help meet ICAVL lab accreditation requirements.
Free Lunch Workshops
Dialysis Access Graft EvaluationSecond Day:
Renal Artery Doppler
Workshops include box lunch.
At the completion of this program, the participant should be able to:
- Discuss Doppler/Color physics, factors affecting optimal Doppler examinations and commonly seen Doppler/Color artifacts, which may affect diagnostic accuracy.
- Explain routine scan protocols and analyze normal spectral waveform signatures, color characteristics, and Doppler measurements in a normal carotid and peripheral vascular examinations.
- Recognize abnormal spectral Doppler and Color Doppler findings seen with carotid and peripheral arterial and venous disease.
- Discuss the role of indirect testing in the evaluation of lower extremity arterial disease.
- Apply diagnostic criteria for evaluation of carotid, peripheral venous and arterial disease.
- Review complex carotid and peripheral vascular case studies in interactive interpretation session format.
- Describe ultrasound findings associated with aortic endograft leaks.
- Describe normal and abnormal spectral Doppler characteristics and diagnostic criteria associated with renal artery evaluation and dialysis access graft evaluation.
- Increase knowledge and confidence to perform and/or interpret vascular ultrasound examinations.
- Apply the information discussed in a clinical setting, ideally under supervised conditions until an acceptable level of proficiency has been achieved.
- Doppler color overview/diagnostic pitfalls
- Normal waveforms/scan protocol
- IMT assessment
- Overview of abnormal waveform - characteristics and diagnostic criteria
- How to structure a report
- Lunch Session: Dialysis Access Graft Evaluation
- Complex cases studies
- Interpretation sessions, interactive format
- Indirect testing overview and case studies
- Lunch Session: Renal Artery Evaluation
- Lower extremity arterial duplex
- Arterial interpretation sessions, narrative and interactive (combination of indirect and duplex cases)
- U/S evaluation post intervention
- Aortic endograft evaluation
- Venous pathology overview/cases
- Hands-on sessions
* Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute, Inc. is not an accrediting/credentialing body. Lab accreditation is established on a state-by-state basis. Go to http://www.icavl.org
to check respective state requirements.